9 Reasons To Use Coconut Oil Daily
Here’s a newsflash on coconut oil which I’m sure won’t surprise you… nothing concocted in a laboratory can ever replace the value of what is found in nature!
Mother Nature is incredibly generous in the way she provides, hence,offering a bounty of fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients to nourish your body so you can enjoy a long healthy life.
One fruit in particular – the coconut, – it is abundant in its healing properties, therefore, referred to as “the tree of life.” Most noteworthy, before World War II, people living in island countries, like the Philippines, consumed a diet that consisted mainly of rice, root crops, vegetables and an abundance of the ultra-healing super food, the coconut.
The coconut is a “functional food” rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Also, the essential nutritional building blocks for perfect health.
SOME USES OF COCONUT OIL;
Before World War II, the miracle-healing coconut had been used to help alleviate:
- Skin infections
- And more!
- The unique quality that helps coconut oil readily fight viruses, bacteria and even yeast. Therefore, understanding the value of coconut.
- The special reason The Health and Science Institute proves coconut oil can promote colon health.
- A complete list of parasites, infections, and viruses that it has been shown to be effective against.
- The recommended dosage to consume, based on weight for health purposes.
- And so much more.
Coconut oil is often being used in places like Vietnam, Puerto Rico,Trinidad & Tobago, Canada and Nigeria. Due to its multipurpose magical uses, it is being recognized daily, therefore, increasing its popularity around the world.
Coconut oil is popularly used as skin and hair product. As a result, it does wonders. Some of the benefits on the skin and hair includes ;
- Conditioning Your hair ( does wonders for moisturizing your hair)
- hydrating your face
- moisturizing your body
- massaging oil
- treats eczema
- reduces appearance of scars
- makes hair silky and finally,
- used to remove make up.
HERE’S HOW TO USE COCONUT OIL TO GET A HEALTHY SHINING LONG HAIR;
- Do not heat the coconut oil in the microwave
- Use extra virgin coconut oil
- Coconut oil begins to melt at 76 degrees
- Apply to damp or dry hair
- Massage the oil into the roots for a scalp treatment
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes
- Use warm water to rinse the oil, in addition,
- Use a small amount for a leave-in conditioner.
Important note on using coconut oil on hair;
A study published in the “Journal of Cosmetic Science” in 1999 found that coconut oil applied to the hair reduced hair breakage. Also, another study in 2005 from the Journal of Cosmetic Science noted that coconut oil penetrated the hair follicle better than the most common ingredient in hair conditioners, mineral oil. According to the book “Coconut Oil: Amazing Health, Skin And Cooking Benefits” by Gene Ashburner, aside from making a great moisturizer for hair and scalp, the oil has been used as a natural remedy to combat frizz; get rid of dandruff; remove and prevent lice; furthermore, promote hair growth. Coconut oil improves the conditions for growing thicker, fuller hair. Yet, it does not treat the underlying cause of hair loss and cannot be relied on for treating baldness related to dihydrotestosterone. According to some sources, coconut oil can also soothe cradle cap, an issue commonly seen in babies.